Advantages of PET Scan
A full-body PET Scan is the most trending preventive diagnostic tool that apparently tells you what is happening in your body from brain to toe and aids in detecting diseases like cancer when it is still curable. Of all the internal imaging technologies used in getting a full-body scan, PET Scans are the most detailed one.
PET Scan is a non-invasive imaging technology, it is a combination of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Computed Tomography (CT) in one single machine.
Other imaging techniques like MRI, X-ray, CT scans can give details on the structural form of organs and tissues, while a full-body PET CT scan can give detailed information on both, structural as well as functional details of the organs and tissues of the entire body even at the cellular or molecular level.
Why go for a full-body PET Scan?
- Helps the doctors in deciding a more targeted treatment plan and monitoring the given treatment or medication.
- It is non-invasive, harmless, painless, and the most comfortable technique.
- Reduces the number of scanning sessions a patient would otherwise require, to get each organ or body part diagnosed.
- Less time-consuming as compared to some tests that require 2-3 visits on average.
- Track most diseases at an early stage,
- In cases like cancer, it can determine the stage, where it has spread, and whether it is operable or not.
- It can check for tumor development in any part of the tissue or organs.
Considering your risk factors of developing heart disease or cancer, it is recommended to get a full-body PET Scan at least once a year.