- In biopsy proven (Known cancer patients).
- Staging/ metastatic workup.
- Restaging/ Response evaluation
- To look for Recurrence
- Post RT changes vs Viable Residual disease.
- Workup of Unknown Primary (MUO)
- Metabolic biopsy (PET CT guided biopsy).
- Paraneoplastic syndrome workup
- Workup for pathological fracture.
Non Oncological indications
- Cardiology- cardiac viability studies.
- Neurology- Dementia, Parkinsonism plus syndrome, intractable Epilepsy (epileptic focus localization).
- Pyrexia of Unknown Origin (PUO) workup.
- Prosthesis infection evaluation
- Active vs dormant/ treated Granulomatous disease (TB, sarcoidosis).
Suspicion of Malignancy
- Masses / SOLs in different organs on clinical examination or other investigations (eg. Lung mass on X-ray, breast lump on dig mammo, mass in abdomen-pelvic organs on USG etc)
- Regional / Generalized lymphadenopathy / organomegaly
- Suspected myeloma
- Staging workup of patients with several cancers
- Before surgery
- Before Chemotherapy
- Before radiotherapy
- Monitoring response to treatment
- After Surgery
- After or during Chemotherapy
- After or during radiotherapy
- Follow up of treated patients with several cancers